April 2018 (1)
February 2018 (1)
January 2018 (7)
December 2017 (1)
November 2017 (9)
October 2017 (7)
September 2017 (4)
August 2017 (5)
July 2017 (4)
June 2017 (1)
May 2017 (3)
April 2017 (4)
March 2017 (1)
February 2017 (2)
January 2017 (1)
December 2016 (5)
November 2016 (3)
October 2016 (5)
September 2016 (8)
August 2016 (6)
July 2016 (2)
June 2016 (1)
May 2016 (3)
April 2016 (9)
March 2016 (20)
February 2016 (2)
January 2016 (20)
December 2015 (8)
November 2015 (35)
October 2015 (49)
September 2015 (44)
August 2015 (38)
July 2015 (63)
This Week's Top Stories
- Nail biting: not just a habit
- About Counselling and the Menopause
- Anxiety, Panic & Claustrophobia: Case Study, Alison
- The Truth about Colonic Irrigation... from someone who actually knows what they're talking about
- Massage and Neuromuscular Techniques work for our more mature clients
- Digestive problems and how osteopathy can help
- The Truth About Habits
- F.E.A.R - Why does it have the power to stop you in your tracks and what can you do about it?
- What would you change?
- Why mums must put themselves first
Oriental face massage is different other forms of facial massage. Most other forms simply work the surface of the face to relax and refresh the tissue. Oriental face massage is a combination of traditional Japanese concepts and hand manipulation techniques. Anyone can benifit from a treatment of it from children, men, women and the elderly.
The focus of oriental face massage is not just to improve facial appearance and to balance the bodies ki energy,but to also balance psychological conditions. It utilises traditional Japanese medical concepts such as meridians and tsubo points to balance and harmonise the internal organs. By gently applying pressure and massaging points on the head,neck we treat the whole body in the same way as a reflexology treatment does. It also works a lot like acupuncture but instead of using needles we use our finger tips to stimulate the points, so this is ideal for anyone who has a needle phobia.
What are the Benifits?
- Improvement of muscular tone of the head and neck,
- By releasing muscle spasms in the neck, it promotes the free flow of Chi and blood to the tissues of the face.
- May reduce inflammation
- Reduces stress evident in the facial area
- Benefits the eyes,ears, sinuses, thyroid and brain
- Encourages skin cell renewal
- Contributes to overall good health and wellbeing
- It has a clearing,energising effect on the body, mind and emotions. You will feel relaxed and may even sleep better.
As oriental face massage is a gentle but powerful treatment, there are very few reasons not to have the treatment.
Just a few reasons why you could not have it are as follows...
- Acne or skin disorder such as dermatitis or psoriasis of the area being worked on.
- Herpes infection
- Cosmetic surgery to the facial area
- Brain tumour
Epilepsy, migraines, high or low blood pressure we would still go ahead after explaining the treatment and if you have discussed it with a health professional and it has been said it would be ok.
Why wait till you have a disease in your body? Look after yourself and treat your body well and hopefully you can prevent the little niggles and disease in your body before it starts. It may seem like it's not necessary but by balancing your own bodies energy and keeping your well being in a good state you are less likely to get ill.
Article written by Claire Hooson - Preston
I trained in Reiki and it changed my life in many ways. I see things alot differently now. After finding so much help with Reiki i trained to beable to teach others so they can start their own personal journeys too. Then i studied in a variety of Holistic therapies to... [read more]