ITEC diploma in Anatomy , Physiology and Pathology
Certificate of proficiency in the Bowen Fascia Release Technique at the College of Bowen Studies
It is believed that the Bowen Technique prompts the body to reset, repair and balance itself, providing a simple and effective way to deal with pains, both physical and emotional. Treatment can be performed directly onto the skin with you dressed in your underwear with full towel etiquette (for your warmth and modesty) or through light clothing if you prefer. In this case please arrive wearing something lightweight and non-slippery. A t-shirt and loose trousers or shorts (not jeans) are ideal. If you are wearing bulky or heavy items of clothing such as a thick jumper, you will be asked to remove these before the treatment can begin.
Initial treatments are best scheduled between 5 - 10 days apart with a course of 3 being booked. Some issues resolve after only one session but others may require regular treatments to maintain the improvement. You do not need to wait until you feel unwell or are in pain to benefit from Bowen Therapy. Many clients find it beneficial to have ‘top-up' or ‘maintenance' treatments as this helps the body to function at its best, manage stress and can help prevent new problems from developing. The frequency of these varies per individual, according to their needs, some have a treatment once a month, others every quarter or 6 months.
So what conditions may Bowen help with?
• Musculoskeletal - back, neck, knee pain, sciatic, arthritis, whiplash, sports injuries
• Respiratory - asthma, hayfever, sinus problems
• Digestive - IBS, Crohn's, acid reflux, constipation, indigestion
• Chronic - Fibromyalgia, migraines, MS, ME, Parkinsons
• Gynecological - infertility, irregular cycles, PMS
• Mothers - Cramping, low back pain, morning sickness, depression, SPD
• Babies - baby colic, unsettled baby, restlessness, sleep issues
• Children - growing pain, glue ear, ADHD, bedwetting, sleep issues, anger, travel sickness
• Improving - posture, flexibility, energy levels, sleep, stress/anxiety
to name just a few…….
Please note the rates detailed below are there to give you an idea of the therapists standard rates, we strongly advise you contact the therapist for more detailed rates and any offers they may have.
|Bowen Technique||In Person||£50 per 60 minutes|
Rates for Children under the age of 16 is £ 25 Adult Session £ 50 Sessions normally last an hour with the initial consultation session lasting approximately 75 minutes as a past history is taken in order to make an assessment,