• Masters Degree in Group Psychotherapy - Goldsmiths College, University of London
• Postgraduate Diploma in Group Psychotherapy - Goldsmiths College, University of London
• Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision - University of Oxford.
• BA(Hons) Social Science (Psychology) - University of Middlesex
My other professional training includes:
• Certificate in Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training - Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust
• Certificate in Couple Counselling - Berkshire Counselling Centre (WPF affiliated)
• Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Skills - facilitated by Oxford Centre for Cognitive Therapy
• Introduction to Family Systems Work - St George's Hospital, London
I am able to offer help to people with a range of difficulties such as:
• Bereavement and loss
• Low self esteem and identity issues
• Relationship problems
• Eating disorders - I have a particular interest in helping people who have issues with eating and I have worked in eating disorder units in both the NHS and private sectors.
As well as offering help to individuals I am also able to provide counselling to couples who are experiencing difficulties in their relationship.
• I adopt a psychodynamic approach to my understanding of an individual's difficulties but will adapt my techniques to the needs of the individual and this may include using some cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) skills to enable an individual to work through their difficulties.
• I am able to work with individuals on a short term basis offering Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) - i.e. 6 to 16 sessions - where the work would focus on current interpersonal issues that are causing emotional difficulties.
• Alternatively I can work on a longer term, more in-depth basis (for example, for six months or longer) which aims to help people gain a deeper understanding of their emotional difficulties. This will often involve looking at past experiences.•
Please note the rates detailed below are there to give you an idea of the therapists standard rates, we strongly advise you contact the therapist for more detailed rates and any offers they may have.
|Psychotherapy||In Person||£50 per 50 minutes|
|Psychotherapy||Online/Telephone||£30 per 30 minutes|
|Counselling||In Person||£50 per 50 minutes|
For individuals £50 per 50 minute session For Couples £75 per 90 minute session