, Counsellor in Guildford
You're looking for someone to help you through a really tough time in your life? Perhaps you're feeling confused, isolated, alone, unable to cope and not sure where to go from here? You can't see a way out? I hope to have the opportunity to help...
I have been practicing in the Guildford area for over 12 years now. I offer professional, confidential and supportive counselling from a comfortable office looking out onto a well-tended garden, in Burpham, Guildford.
I am committed and passionate about being an active, robust working partner; offering a supportive, encouraging space where you can find clarity, understanding and solutions that suit you.
Background & Qualifications
* I qualified in 2005 with an Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
* Achieved BACP Accreditation in 2008 (professional registration)
* Post-Grad Diploma in Clinical Supervision 2011-2012
* Working Somatically with Trauma: Babette Rothschild training 2014-2015
I welcome all enquiries from anyone looking for help. I have a special interest in -
* Grief, loss and bereavement
* Addictions and substance misuse
* Working with counselling students to complete your statutory therapy hours
* Providing group and 1-1 supervision to trainees, qualified and/or accredited counsellors
* I provide support for practitioners working in: private practice, agency placements, paid employment and I also supervise supervision of professionals.
* I have working as a supervisor since 2011, and qualified in 2012 with a Post-Grad Dip Sup, using the Cyclical Model of Supervision
Approach to Therapy & How I Work
The Humanistic psychological model I work with focuses on the positive side of being human. It says that, given the right support, you are able to reach your potential, whatever you choose that to be. I believe that the partnership we form is one of the key elements to help this happen. I have trained in the following psychological models:
Person-Centered therapy: an approach that helps me to get an accurate picture as possible of what life is like for you.
Transactional Analysis: this model helps me to understand how you relate to the important people that are in your life. This model is very useful especially if you struggle with some key relationships.
Gestalt: this model can help you to understand more about yourself in the here and now. It is also useful to help you understand what's stopping you from being more connected with life and other people.
CBT: This model can help you understand your thinking behind how you act. It can be useful for shorter-term counselling
Somatic Trauma Work: If you have some experiences in your life that have felt traumatic, and you believe that they are getting in the way of you fully enjoying your life now, then this therapeutic technique may help you to find a more peaceful way of living with these past experiences.
Therapies & Rates
Please note the rates detailed below are there to give you an idea of the therapists standard rates, we strongly advise you contact the therapist for more detailed rates and any offers they may have.
|Counselling||In Person||£45 per 60 minutes|
|Cognitive Behavioural Therapy||In Person||£45 per 60 minutes|
|Mindfulness||In Person||£45 per 30 minutes|
|Relationship Therapy||In Person||£45 per 60 minutes|
Additional Rate Information
Please note that I also offer telephone and Skype counselling. CBT and Mindfulness are aspects of my work that are incorporated in your usual sessions if they will benefit your desired outcomes.
Contact Sara Website