Sheila's qualifications include :
• Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
• NCFE Postgraduate Diploma in Integrated Counselling (Distinction)
• A UKRC Registered Independent Counsellor
• Accredited Bereavement Counsellor
• Connections Youth Counselling - Working with Young People
• University of West of England - Counselling Skills with Young People
• Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
• NCFE Certificate in Person Centred Counselling
• Open University Diploma in Management
• AAMET Trained Advanced Practitioner Emotional Freedom Techniques
• Registered Practitioner with the Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques (AAMET)
• Registered with General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies (GRCCT) - Register Number 642262
• Member Association for Family Therapy & Systemic Practice UK
• AAMET Trained Certified Practitioner of Matrix Reimprinting
• NCFE Life Coaching Diploma with UK Open Learning
• Advanced Practitioner PSYCH-K
Sheila's Counselling Diploma was Integrative covering a wide variety of counselling theoretical approaches. Integrative Counselling therefore brings a range of counselling theoretical styles into the work, which can be adapted to individual client needs.
Sheila's work with Swindon Counselling Services was mainly psychodynamic and tended towards longer-term work. However, Sheila is also trained in short term psychodynamic techniques and counselling Relaxation Techniques through the MindField College and is able to offer short term counselling therapy using these very therapeutic practices. Sheila has also worked with CBT, Art Therapy and has studied short term counselling approaches with Phoenix EFT. She is therefore able to offer a wide variety of short term counselling interventions, including meridian energy therapies, dependent upon clients' individual needs.
Previous counselling work includes working for four years as a volunteer for CRUSE Bereavement Care, working with Swindon Connections Youth Counselling (now renamed On Track) and working as an in-house counsellor with Swindon College of Further Education. Sheila is also a fully trained couples' counsellor.
Sheila has experience working with such issues as Adoption, Anxiety, Abuse, Bereavement, Depression, Phobias, Stress (including post traumatic stress), Self Harm, Employment difficulties, Identity problems, Victimisation, Low Confidence, Sexual Dysfunction and Relationship problems.
Additionally she has extensive experience of Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) work and is affiliated with the following EAP providers : Atos Origin; The Validium Group Ltd; Empathy UK Ltd; Oakdale Group UK; Workout; Retail Trust; Dovedale Counselling; Workplace Options. In addition, since February 2006 Sheila has been working as a retained counsellor with The Rainbow Trust Children's Charity.
Counselling provides a wholesome environment in which to explore your difficulties, in a way that might not be possible with a friend or relative. Counselling can be a means of helping you to face up to some painful aspects of your life. In the process, it often brings change and discovery of some previously hidden truth about yourself. With this comes freedom to live more fully and with greater awareness and understanding. Because trust is such a vital feature of the work strict confidentiality must be maintained. With Rainbow Counselling & Lifecoaching you will work within a confidential relationship where what you talk about to your counsellor will stay between the both of you. It is Rainbow Counselling policy and aim to equip all clients with the necessary tools or techniques to become self-reliant. Sheila will work with you in a way that will best suit YOUR needs and the focus of the work will ALWAYS be on the best interests of the client.
Please note the rates detailed below are there to give you an idea of the therapists standard rates, we strongly advise you contact the therapist for more detailed rates and any offers they may have.
|Counselling||In Person||£55 per 50 minutes|
|Emotional Freedom Technique||In Person||£55 per 50 minutes|
|Cognitive Behavioural Therapy||In Person||£55 per 50 minutes|
|Mindfulness||In Person||£55 per 50 minutes|
|Life Coaching||In Person||£55 per 50 minutes|
|Relationship Therapy||In Person||£55 per 50 minutes|
|Matrix Reimprinting||In Person||£55 per 50 minutes|
|PsychK||In Person||£55 per 50 minutes|
All rates pro rata, ie one hour £65; 1.5 hours £98; 45 minutes £50, etc.