Diploma Family Therapy & Systemic Practice, Bristol University, October 2003 (UKCP accredited training)
Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner - April 2007
Intermediate Family Therapy & Systemic Practice, June 2001
Master Social Work - Bristol University, 1994
Diploma Social Work - Bristol University, 1993
Registered General Nurse - Bristol School Nursing, 1973
I offer over twenty years experience as a trained psychotherapist, and vast experience of working and living with people in many different situations including as a trained Nurse and Social Worker. I moved to West Wales ten years ago and feel very blessed to be living and working here.. Previously I worked in the South West of England in Mental Health NHS services, with foster care agencies, Local Authorities and in private practice. I have also traveled widely experiencing the many different social and spiritual cultures in our world.
I have full professional indemnity insurance and have regular supervision from a qualified psychotherapist & also attend a peer supervision group. My practice is regularly informed and updated by attending workshops and seminars and by reading appropriate journals. I regularly update my DBS Certificate, previously known as CRB, (001469322309)
Adoption and Fostering,
Abuse (emotional, physical, sexual),
Bereavement, Grief, Loss
Depression & Mental Health
Emotional Freedom Technique (also known as Tapping),
Life Changing Issues,
Working with Living and Dying,
- Adoption/Fostering/Parenting - Having worked in child care as a social worker, in psychological services in the NHS and with Adoption and Fostering agencies I have considerable experience of working with Adoptive and Fostering Families and with adults who grew up in situations where they were not cared for by their birth parents. Additionally I have further experience working where parenting has been troubled, either with parents who would like to change an aspect of their parenting, or, with adults who continue to find aspects of their childhood troubling.
- Anxiety - There are certain techniques that I can teach you to control the anxiety while we explore what is causing you to feel so anxious, which could be a previous experience or a way of being that no longer serves you.
- Children & Young People - I have often worked with Children and Young People. Sometimes its helpful for a Child to speak to someone outside of their family when something is upsetting or troubling them, especially if they believe they may upset a parent by talking about their worry. Sometimes its helpful for a Child to come with their parents, you may find talking with a neutral person can enable greater understanding and improve communication. My main training is about family relationships and interactions, additionally I have ten years experience of working specifically with children and families in the NHS. I regularly update my DBS Certificate, previously known as CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) (001469322309).
-Low Mood/Depression - working in Mental Health Services in the NHS I have frequently worked with depression and understand the medical approach whilst supporting you to explore your inner psychological world.
- Life changing illness - I find that my life experience and knowledge gained from working as a nurse and social worker are immeasurably helpful in working with clients who have life changing or terminal illness.
-Sexual Abuse - As a trained social worker and psychotherapist I have considerable experience working with individuals and families who have experienced sexual abuse.
- Relationship Difficulties - i have specific training in couple work. If you are couple finding it hard to communicate and understand each other's feelings, we can look at how you relate and perceive each other's communication. We could also look at your family of origin by drawing your family tree and exploring your position as a child and the legacy it has left, and how this influences your relationship together now. If it becomes clear to you that separation is the best option, I can work with you to enable you both to find acceptance and greater understanding of the meaning of your relationship and time together. If there are children involved, with my experience of child care issues, I will seek to help you find practical solutions to dilemma's that you can both agree upon.
Whatever we do my aim is always to assist you to make positive change so that you feel able to live your life more fully
Systemic practice is naturally reflective and therefore suited to the provision of supervision. I offer supervision for counsellors and psychotherapists on a regular basis or for specific case review. I also offer consultation to any Health care or Well Being therapist working with clients wishing to consider the nature and necessity of providing safe empathic space and creating a supportive therapeutic alliance.
Please note the rates detailed below are there to give you an idea of the therapists standard rates, we strongly advise you contact the therapist for more detailed rates and any offers they may have.
|Psychotherapy||In Person||£50 per 60 minutes|
|Counselling||In Person||£50 per 60 minutes|
|Emotional Freedom Technique||In Person||£35 per 60 minutes|
Psychotherapy & Counselling & EFT:- I offer a Free Initial Consultation for around 45 minutes so that we can work out together if I can offer you a service appropriate to your needs, and for you to ensure you feel comfortable with me. This can be in person or by telephone. There is no obligation for you to continue seeing me. If we decide to continue working together......... Individuals £45 per hourly appointment. Appointments maybe weekly or two weekly or opportunistic. I offer discounts for long term work & payments in advance. I do offer concessions by agreement. Couples, Families and Groups £50 per hour, We generally meet for one and half hours every two weeks (£75 per session). I offer discounts for long term work & payments in advance. I do offer concessions by agreement. GENERALLY I WORK IN COLD BLOW/TUESDAYS, CILGERRAN/WEDNESDAYS, NARBERTH/THURSDAYS