• I am a professionally qualified Systemic Family Therapist with substantial experience. This framework emphasises relationships, connections, and communication and is applicable not only to work with whole families but to individuals and couples too.
• I hold a registration with UKCP (Registration Number 980931) in the College of Family, Couple and Systemic Therapy.
• I have had a lengthy career in social work and as a Family Therapist, as a CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services Tier 3) clinician and as a Team Manager, working in a number of multi-disciplinary contexts.
• Within the field of Family Therapy I have studied and applied a range of practices, including Structural and Strategic models.
• I am also familiar with Solution Focused and Narrative approaches and often integrate such ideas in my therapy methods.
• I have worked in both primary and secondary schools as a Peer Support trainer setting up and supporting the ininitiatives.
• Family Therapy
• Couple Counselling
• Working with Addictions
• Anxiety Management including a structured programme to minimise the impact of OCD and intrusive thoughts
• Recovering from trauma
I avoid pathologizing language and work to understand the difficulties currently facing a family, couple or individual while also appreciating their strengths and resources. My aim is to work collaboratively and creatively, tuning in to the many elements that make us all human - behaviour, emotions, ideas, connection. I usually get the process started using a brief form I designed to enable all participants to discuss and rate their views of the issues bringing them to their first meeting. The form is also helpful to review progress towards the goals participants hope to achieve.
Although I listen and attend carefully I have a fairly active style and will intervene to clarify and expand on communications. I also share knowledge I have gained and will point people towards appropriate reading or other resources. Sometimes I will recommend tasks in between sessions, based on what has emerged during the session.
Please note the rates detailed below are there to give you an idea of the therapists standard rates, we strongly advise you contact the therapist for more detailed rates and any offers they may have.
|Hypnotherapy||In Person||£95 per 90 minutes|
|Psychotherapy||In Person||£60 per 55 minutes|
|Relationship Therapy||In Person||£70 per 55 minutes|
Self-funding students in full-time education, those who are currently unwaged, and single parents can access sessions at reduced cost (approximately 60% of quoted rates). Relationship Therapy includes couple therapy irrespective of sexual orientation. There will usually be at least one separate session each before conjoint sessions commence. Relationship therapy focuses on couple work although each individual may be seen separately at some point during therapy. Hypnotherapy is offered where appropriate as an adjunct to my usual systemic practice.