My professional qualifications are listed below:
- Masters Degree in Personalised Nutrition and qualified in Nutritional Therapy. I was awarded a Distinction at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION), in London, a training clinic regarded as one of the leading nutritional therapy organisations in the UK, with a reputation for both clinical and academic excellence. I was also awarded the prize for Clinical Excellence.
- Qualified NLP (neuro lingistic programming) practitioner.
- Practitioner training course at Foresight, the Association for the promotion of pre-conceptual care.
- Hons degree in Psychology from Bristol University (BSc Psychology).
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (www.cnhc.org.uk)
Nutritional Therapy Council (www.nutritionaltherapycouncil.org.uk)
Complementary Medical Association (www.the-cma.org.uk)
British Association for Nutritional Therapists (BANT, www.bant.org.uk),
All these organisations promote the highest standards of education in Nutritional Therapy and upholds the highest standards of practice and ethics within the profession. BANT also acts as a governing body regulating the activities, training and Continuing Professional Development of its practitioners. I am also fully insured.
I undertake regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) each year to keep up to date with Nutritional Advances and how it impacts on health outcomes and write regular articles incorporating the latest developments in nutritional science. Please click on the following link to search for articles you may be interested in: http://www.naturalnutrition.uk.com/category/resources-articles
It is always important to choose an accredited practitioner who has undergone and completed the required training in a recognised establishment, which is why I decided to undertake a MSc in Personalised Nutrition and as stated above, I am a Registered Nutritional Therapist, with a my Masters degree (MSc) in Nutrition and am passionate about helping you improving your health.
Can Nutritional Therapy help me?
With so many conflicting messages about healthy eating, asking me to help you sort out what applies to you as an individual, will give you the confidence that you are eating as healthily as you can.
- Did you know that a Nutritionist can help you with:
- Losing weight and staying that way by changing your dietary habits
- Diet-related illnesses, such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes
- Dietary management of complex health conditions, such as Parkinson's Disease
- Digestive complaints, such as bloating, IBS, stomach aches or acid reflux
- Planning to start a family to optimise your nutritional health before conception and during pregnancy
- Trouble conceiving or health problems during pregnancy (as you and your baby's nutritional needs are different during these important times)
- Identifying and managing specific food allergies or food intolerances
- Depression and other mental health issues (including cognitive decline)
- PMS or other hormonal problems, such as hypothyroidism
If you answered ‘yes' to any of these questions or just wish to keep in good health, it is worth considering nutritional therapy and speaking to Melody to see how she can help. In addition, I have written a number of articles on health conditions, which can be accessed via: http://www.naturalnutrition.uk.com/category/resources-articles/ and via Nutritionist Resource: https://www.nutritionist-resource.org.uk/nutritionists/melody-mackeown
Like all nutritional therapists, Melody Mackeown recognises that each person is an individual with unique requirements; and she takes time to define a personalised nutrition plan to meet your particular needs, rather than simply rely on a ‘one size fits all' approach.
FREE 15 min initial phone consultation to discuss your needs and to see how I can help.
Please call me on 07790 831 254 or 020 8875 0525 to have this free initial phone consultation.
I offer bespoke consultations, which aim to get to the root cause of your symptoms, which deal with you and your health as a whole person and not just as disconnected physical parts.
All consultations are carried out in person, telephone or via skype and it is advised that the first appointment is face-to-face.
Simply get in touch and I will give you a short complimentary call to assess your exact needs and see if nutritional therapy is right for you. If so, then we'll start you on my unique nutritional programmes and includes:
· 60-90 minute intensive comprehensive health review and assessment (including medical background, hereditary profile, drug nutrient interactions, etc.)
· Recommendations for laboratory tests
· Action points that you can start implementing immediately
· Tailored feedback & recommendations
· Liasing with your GP
· Personalised dietary, supplement, and lifestyle advice
· Recipes (including cookery book recommendations) and handouts
Follow up consultation available on Skype/phone and FREE email support is available between consultations
Please refer to my website for further information: wwwfood4lifecoach.com
Please note the rates detailed below are there to give you an idea of the therapists standard rates, we strongly advise you contact the therapist for more detailed rates and any offers they may have.
|Nutritional Therapy||In Person||Please Call|
|Nutritional Therapy||Online/Telephone||Please Call|
How much does it cost? Initial Consultation: - 1 hour, 15 minutes: £150, which includes: - 60-90 minute intensive comprehensive health review and assessment (including medical background, hereditary profile, drug nutrient interactions, etc.) - Recommendations for laboratory tests - Action points that you can start implementing immediately - Tailored feedback & recommendations - Personalised dietary, supplement, and lifestyle advice - Liaising with your GP - NLP techniques to help you break long term habits - Recipes (including cookery book recommendations) and handouts Laboratory testing are invoiced separately directly by the lab. It is difficult to estimate the exact cost as the recommended assessments are tailored to each individual's' treatment plan.