MBACP (Accred) Member of The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (Accredited)
• UKRCP – United Kingdom Register of Counsellors / Psychotherapists
• A Gestalt approach to working with children and their families
• AIDS in the Workplace
• AIDS & Young People
• Caring and supporting people living with HIV or AIDS
• CBT – Managing depression.
• Childhood Sexual Abuse: Cycles of Discovery & Suppression and the Therapeutic Alliance
• Communication Skills Work
• Diploma in Integrative Counselling (AEB)
• Drugs, HIV & AIDS
• General Management and Nursing Care of People
• Group Work
• HIV & AIDS Awareness
• Infidelity and the Sexual Relationship
• Institutionalisation/children in care
• Issues Surrounding Gender
• Living in and the Effects of Institutional Care
• Neurobiology and Sexual Desire
• Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault and the Couple
• Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
• Practical and Social Implications of Living with HIV or AIDS
• Psychological Responses to HIV & AIDS
• Self Harm in Adolescence
• Sex & Sexuality
• Sex, Sexuality & Learning Difficulties
• Sex, Sexuality & Physical Disabilities
• Sexual abuse in Adolescents and survivors Pathology
• Structure of the Personality & the Role of the Narcissism in the Production of Pathology
• Supervisory skills
• Support roles for people with partners or relatives with HIV or AIDS
• Women, HIV & AIDS
• Eating Disorders: Self & Society
Counselling can help you, and someone you care about, find what you are looking for. Taking the first step is the hardest. By identifying issues which are troubling you, with the expertise of the right counsellor, you will be guided through challenging obstacles, and be able to move on to a more comfortable place in life.
For Couples and Relationships.
Our relationships change constantly. There are highs, lows and plateaus. Even strong relationships go through 'rocky patches'. They can be emotionally demanding, difficult and distressing to deal with alone. In a safe and secure environment, counselling explores the possible causes and effects, enabling a new way forward.
For Families and Young People.
Family relationships can be tough. Through individual or group counselling, families can learn how to understand each other better and get along. Children and teenagers face many challenges. I specialise in counselling children and teenagers, helping them cope, and enabling them to express difficult feelings in a more positive way.
For the greatest potential benefit of my clients, I have over the years accumulated a substantial tool box of accepted, well established therapies used by members of my professional body. Some of the therapies frequently used in my counselling services are:
Person Centered – this makes sure I give my client unconditional, positive regard and am totally empathetic to his or her way of being.
Existential – ensures I stay with the client’s story and am totally non judgmental on how he or she is coping with life.
Gestalt – enables the client to gain an awareness of emotions and behaviors in the present, rather than in the past, therefore gaining understanding of his or her needs and of how they might be met.
Transactional Analysis – is concerned with the Parent, Adult and Child interactions.
I practice integrative counselling, which means I carefully and selectively mix therapies to suit the individual holistic needs of my clients.
I use regular supervision where I will discuss the situation and not the name of the client, as this ensures confidentiality. I also work within the boundaries of a contract discussed beforehand with each client. Both the above ensure I work ethically and within the professional body’s guidelines.
I work together with my client to hopefully take the person to a greater understanding.
Please note the rates detailed below are there to give you an idea of the therapists standard rates, we strongly advise you contact the therapist for more detailed rates and any offers they may have.
|Psychotherapy||In Person||£50 per 60 minutes|
|Counselling||In Person||£50 per 60 minutes|