April 2019 (6)
March 2019 (2)
February 2019 (18)
January 2019 (3)
December 2018 (7)
November 2018 (2)
October 2018 (4)
September 2018 (1)
August 2018 (2)
July 2018 (2)
June 2018 (2)
May 2018 (8)
April 2018 (3)
March 2018 (4)
February 2018 (2)
January 2018 (6)
December 2017 (1)
November 2017 (9)
October 2017 (8)
September 2017 (4)
August 2017 (4)
July 2017 (4)
June 2017 (1)
May 2017 (3)
April 2017 (4)
March 2017 (1)
February 2017 (2)
January 2017 (1)
December 2016 (5)
November 2016 (3)
October 2016 (5)
September 2016 (7)
August 2016 (5)
July 2016 (2)
June 2016 (1)
May 2016 (2)
April 2016 (8)
March 2016 (16)
February 2016 (2)
January 2016 (19)
December 2015 (7)
November 2015 (30)
October 2015 (47)
September 2015 (39)
August 2015 (33)
July 2015 (59)
This Week's Top Stories
- Nail biting: not just a habit
- Letting Go of Struggle.
- Satisfaction in life: the ultimate algorithm
- The Four Aspects of Reiki Healing, Personal Development, Spiritual Discipline and Mystic Order:
- Addiction: Root causes and road to recovery through homeopathic treatment
- Reiki: A Natural Healing System for Health and Wellbeing
- Post Natal Depression: How can Counselling help?
- NLP and Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss and Emotional Eating
- The harm in making judgements
- 5 reasons why children struggle with literacy and how NLP can help
Help to quit smoking with hypnosis
952 Days Ago
Hypnotherapy, in my experience, is a fast, easy to access, and relatively cheap quit smoking aid.
A hypnosis session is usually completed in a single, two hour session, is completely safe, and if you choose the right therapist, will allow you to not only leave your session as a non-smoker, but can also help you to have an overall confidence and well-being boost to boot.
Some therapists, like myself, will also offer you a free CD or download to support you at home after the session. In my opinion it is crucial to look for the gains that smoking are currently offering you, and then to address them one by one -replacing each one with a more healthy, beneficial action or behaviour. Often there will be subconscious programmes running in the mind that can make smoking very difficult to stop. However, by finding and addressing these hidden gains, we can overwrite or replace these negative programmes with hypnosis straight into the subconscious mind.
So why quit?
Health - The benefits of quitting:
- Decreased risk of Cancer, pulmonary and heart problems
- Feeling great with fresher breath, cleaner teeth and fresher smelling clothes
- Fewer health risks including an improvement in breathing, circulation and general fitness
- An improved sense of smell and taste
Family and friends
80% of second hand smoke is invisible and odourless, so the danger is unseen. Therefore you may think it doesn’t matter but the truth is that your family and friends will be affected detrimentally by your harmful poisons which can make them susceptible to meningitis, cancer, bronchitis and other breathing problems. Young children and babies are particularly susceptible to passive smoking.
If a person smokes just 13 cigarettes a day (364 cigarettes a month) s/he will be ‘burning’ £141 a month (setting a light to 7 £20 notes!!!) or £1,696 a year. Think what you could be doing with that money!!
How to make it easier on yourself:
- Strategise and prepare for the day you are setting your intention to quit and prepare strategies to avoid temptation.
- Select a week when you know that your life is unlikely to be stressful.
- Arrange a quiet week avoiding the usual places and people that encourage you to smoke (where possible)
- Tell everyone you are now a non smoker and do not want to be encouraged to smoke, asked ‘how is it going’ or be offered any cigarettes.
- Destroy any cigarettes, lighters or matches before your hypnosis session and prepare a clear large vessel where you can see how much you are saving.
- Set a financial goal with those savings like a new car or holiday etc
- Continually visualise your success and keep reaffirming the positive reasons why you are doing this.
- Download one of the range of free apps available.
So come on - If you want to make 2016 the happiest, healthiest and best year yet, consider hypnosis to help make a life changing decision for health!
Article written by Theresa Borg - Bromley
I am a full time professional Clinical Hypnotherapist and Life Coach with many years experience based in Bromley, Kent. I am an Acknowledged Supervisor with the professional body of the GHR. I am fully insured. I aim to provide a caring and compassionate service using an additional range of NLP, CBT... [read more]