What is Homoeopathy?
Posted by Giovanna Giraud-Saunders 1452 Days Ago
I often get asked about what Homoeopathy actually is when I tell people that I'm a homoeopath.
- Homoeopathy is a safe and effective system of healthcare.
- It is a form of medicine where minute doses of substances derived from minerals and from the plant and animal kingdom are used to stimulate the healing process within the individual.
- The word derives from the Greek language and means "similar suffering". The key principle in homoeopathy is "like treats like". This means that a substance is chosen which mimics the symptoms of the ill individual. This is called the similimum.
- A minute dose is just used because some medicines in homoeopathy are derived from quite toxic substances like arsenic.
- In homoeopathy a person is treated and not a disease so it is always about the treatment for a individual because everybody is different.
- Homoeopathy is a very individual medicine because it is tailored to how a person is experiencing a disease.
- Homoeopathy is safe but powerful and has no side effects so it can be used to treat all age groups, from baby to the elderly generation and even in pregnancy.