Five tips to put more fizz in your networking !
Posted by Hilary Ellis 955 Days Ago
Networking connects you to the people who can help you progress your career or business. It’s a two-way conversation and doesn’t need to be scary. Follow these 5 tips to get more from your networking this year!
- Know what you want and why you want it - be clear about what you are asking for so that people can help you.
- Ask a curious, open question - turn the spotlight on others and be exquisitely fascinated by the people you meet.
- Nothing to say? Ask for AIR (Advice, Insights and Recommendations on something you are working on).
- It’s not a numbers game - one or two positive conversations are far more valuable than a scattergun approach.
- Always follow up - Connect on social media, make a recommendation, send an interesting article by email or arrange another meet-up.
Networking is key leadership skill for for anyone looking to progress in their career - within their exisiting organisation, when you're looking for a career move or looking for new clients as a freelancer or entrepreneur.
To find out how to put more fizz into your networking, contact me to schedule a chat!