Posted by Bahar Nagi 129 Days Ago
The lymphatic system is the sewer system of the body-often in trouble, but generally easy to fix.
It removes excess fluids from the body tissues.
It absorbs fatty acids and handles the subsequent transport of fats to the circulatory system.
Why do we have a lymph system?
* Part of bodys Defence mechanism
* Prevents circulation of pathogens
* Stores lymphocytes to fight infection
* Maintains fluid balance
* Supports digestive system by counteracting infection and absorbing fat
Just imagine :
you eat Indian food, walk a bit and soak in a bathtub and leave water in there, then go to sleep, wake up and go to class, go for run sweat and detox, go home and sit in the tub again without emptying it, and the same the next day-
It is a TOXIC TUB!!! The body is like this if the lymphatic system is not working properly!!!
Lymph collects and returns interstitial fluid including plasma protein to the blood and helps maintain fluid balance
Defends body against disease by producing lymphocytes and antibodies
Absorbs lipids from intestine and transports them to blood
The system is made of:
* Organ -Tonsils, thymus, spleen, bone marrow
Lymph in its natural state is clear and pure and calm without worry or distress.
So how can manual lymphatic drainage help me?
* supporting and improving immune system
* decreasing pain
* swelling and oedema
* clearing out toxins whether emotions, chemicals, medications that you do not want to store in the body!
The body is a factory producing chemicals and giving off waste products-except that since you’re not taking anything in, you won’t give anything out either-so now toxins are inside and outside and cells get sick and die.
Movement of fluids is extremely important in the body for health as noted by Osteopathic principles!
The cells need to be drained before supplied with more nutrients!
Some important things to know:
* there is twice as much lymph as blood in the body
* if it stopped we would die in hours (less than 2)from toxicity
* poor lymph can be underlying cellulite to cancer
* lymph vessels in almost every cell in body (50 trillion cells)
* all blood vessels in body lined up end to end are 60,000 miles and wrap around planet twice
* pathogens will build up if these are stagnant and blocked
The lowest pressure should be the heart and according to Boyles law fluid flows from high to low pressure,but if 1 or more diaphragms of the body are compromised it impacts this. Therefore the diaphragms must be loosened up first and we always "anchor" each section of the drainage to 1of the 4 points: zygoma, clavicle, diaphragm or pubic crescent which correspond to the tentorium serabelli, respiratory, thorasic inlet, and pelvic floor. The upper two ascend with inhalation and lower two descend. The superficial regions where nodes cluster drain into deeper nodes and vessels , and 70% of vessels are superficial (just below the skin), therefore the technique is gentle on the surface. Heavy touch would be counterintuitive .
Emotional stagnation can also be identified and released during the session, as well as afterwards.If we sit all day we are compressing the inguinal nodes at thegroin and the entire lower body's lymph is filtered here! This could also be why its important to get lymph drainage done to assist with releasing the stagnation here.
The nodes are the filtration purification stations which capture and destroy toxins of thebody and are made of recticular tissue which acts as a net catching debris and producing lymphocytes. Like a trouser in the washing machine with coins in the pocket, the lymph filters thetoxins and particulates from the fluid.
Common symptoms of lymph conges
* pelvic area :could be bloating, reproductive disorders ,fibroids, cysts ,adhesions, painful intercourse, menstruations, endometriosis, bowel issues, bladder issues , constant UTI's
* upper thoracic area :could be congestive heart failure, congestive lungs, compromised by asthma, scar tissue in lungs etc…
* joint areas :can be congested in lots of nodes, shoulders, hips, elbows knees filtration area so lymph is flowing there so pain in joints and swelling
* Inflammation is a tool of immune system to kill pathogens. â€‹If fluid builds up there are a lot of pathogens and if there are too many pathogens the immune system is chronically trying to fight it no win battle which produces heat /swelling. It can feel like arthritis but it may be lymph stagnation. Oedema is swelling and fluid andd the greatest impact of lymphatic technique is to secondary oedema which is caused by injury surgery.
What is the technique like?
* Gentle, soft movements to encourage the lymph to move in key points around the body. It is not a massage!
* The technique can be performed without clothes (draping and towels provided) or fully clothes. It can even be performed energetically! It's all down to your preference and there is no "right way".
* Drink plenty of water before and after session to avoid any muscle aches (drink plenty for at least 72 hours)
* Detoxification may lead to higher urine output (this is fine), change in colour/scent or urine, mild headache, transient light headedness/nausea, but drinking plenty will minimise these effects.
It is important to keep the body fluids moving and therefore allow more of the good things you put in to the body in to your cells!
To arrange for a Lymphatic Drainage contact Bahar Nagi on email@example.com
I enjoy facilitating others on their journey to self healing and self reconnection. Often issues manifest when we are ignoring aspects that need to be seen and in observing these, healthier changes can be made and issues often clear up. Sometimes, lifestyle changes need to be made and our bodies are... [read more]